Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Another Day

It would be good for me to post more on this blog.  I really don't expect anyone to read this.  It's out there on the web, but it is mainly for me.

Stars

I have ducks and quails.  Not too many, just eight ducks and six quails.  Every morning, I go out around 6:30 AM to let them out of their houses.  I take my wagon and head down my driveway to the family memorial garden.  Walking down my driveway, I look up at the stars.  I really only recognize the Big Dipper.  May be I will learn more constellations.  Looking up at the stars fills me with awe and makes me fill so insignificant at the same time.  I'm lucky that I live somewhere where I can see the stars and am not too affected by light pollution.

It's a lovely walk, even though there are days that I just don't want to do it anymore.  I get to the garden and start pulling weeds.  I get a wagon-full to feed my ducks some fresh greens.

I walk back over, feed them, and start cleaning their house.

At night, I go out around 7:45 PM to get their feed and water set up, then put them up for the night.  Sometimes, I sit by the quail house and look up at those stars again.  Such beautiful lights in the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment